IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW THIS PAGE TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
1. Archaic Greek sculpture of a standing, clothes maiden figure.
2. Who said “Justice in the life and conduct of the state is possible only as first it resides in the hearts and souls of its citizens.”
3. The worship of Olympian gods was a complex and fascinating religion. According to the Rawls textbook, at its most straightforward the religion used mythical gods and goddesses to explain what?
4. What types of columns decorated the front of the Supreme Court?
5. Greece is surrounded by four seas. Which of these is not one of them?
6. The so-called “Archaic Grin” is associated with Greek sculptures? It can be seen on this sculpture.
7. This is the name given to the civilization disseminated throughout the Mediterranean and the Near East in the wake of Alexander’s conquests.
8. An Archaic Greek sculpture, of a standing male youth which is nude.
9. When was Neo-classical architecture brought to America?
10. A Wealthy-German merchant turned archaeologist discovered Troy in Northern Turkey.
11. Greek god of the sea.
12. What do Historians sometimes use to refer to the great leap that propelled Western culture forward?
13. Whose view was that the Cosmos was based on the belief that every occurrence in the physical universe had logos behind it and that is where life originated?
14. The first people who dwelt in Greek lands about whom we have much information were the _____.
15. The first Greek code of laws. Though very severe did offer a single standard of justice for all people.
16. This archaeological monument is from the citadel of the kings from ancient Mycenae.
17. During the Archaic Period the Greeks enlarged their economy and gained leisure time for other pursuits: gymnastics, education, philosophic-scientific investigation, discussions in the ___________.
18. Democracy became a reality with the reforms of Cleisthenes (507BC), who sharply curtailed the influence of the four aristocratic tribes who had long dominated ___________ politics.
19. What type of Architecture is displayed by the Supreme Court?
20. The Mycenae had developed a metal craftsmanship called ___________ , the hammering of metals into representational form.
21. All Greek families were required to have a sacred book in their religious worship.
22. Several constants seem to run through all cultures. Seaports are, by their nature, urban centers, cities are more open to change than rural areas. Thus the farther people are from the seacoast, the more resistant they will be to change and new ideas.
23. According to your textbook, a culture without a divine monarch has no compelling need for monumental sculptures.
24. Sparta was able to rival Athens in cultural and intellectual achievements.
25. The Indo-European tribe is believed to have lived about 3000 years ago in the area of Central Asia.
26. The Greeks tired of the Persian’s attitude and attacked the Persian Empire’s Mainland in 490BC.
27. The Greeks were not known for being very idealistic or pragmatic.
28. The quote “Equal Justice for All” is proudly displayed above the United States Capital Building.
29. Ancient Greek culture is generally dynamic, while ancient Egyptian culture is generally static.
30. The story of the Odyssey read by generations of people is a very accurate history of the Greeks.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.