Debating Ability Testing
You will be completing (K through O: Adolescents and young adults ages 16 through 25)
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 5 and 6 in the textbook and the required articles for this week, and view the IQ: A history of deceit (Links to an external site.) video.
For your initial post, you will present at least two viewpoints debating professional approaches to assessment used in psychology for your assigned age group. Please see the list below for your assigned age group. In addition to the required reading, research a minimum of one peer-reviewed article from the Ashford University Library on ability testing research at is pertains to your assigned age group.
In your initial post, you must
- Briefly compare and discuss at least two theories of intelligence and the contemporary assessment measures related to those theories.
- Analyze challenges related to assessing individuals in your assigned age group and describe any special ethical and sociocultural issues which must be considered.
- Analyze and provide evidence from validation studies supporting and opposing the use of specific instruments with your assigned population.
- Present the pros and cons of individual versus group assessment of ability.
- Summarize the implications of labelling and mislabeling individuals in your assigned age group as a result of testing and assessment.
Last name begins with
- A through E: Preschool-aged children through age 7
- F through J: Children ages 7 through 16
- K through O: Adolescents and young adults ages 16 through 25
- P through T: Adults ages 26 through 60
- U through Z: Adults age 61 and older