Research on the nervous system is controversial. In this assignment, you will explore nervous system research and the controversies surrounding it.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words that summarizes the current research on the nervous system and the controversies surrounding this research. Include the following in your paper:
- 1. A brief review of the current empirical research regarding the construction of the nervous system and its role in shaping behavior.
- 2. A discussion of the controversies surrounding research on the nervous system.