Managing Organisations (MNG10247)
Online Exam Assessment: Guidelines
Title: Online Exam Assessment
Marks: 40 (which is 40% of the unit grade) Word Count: 2000 words
Due: Prior to 9:00 am Monday, June 08, 2020
Task: THEORY: Analyse and critically evaluate the four contingency approaches to leadership; Fiedler’s contingency model, Hersey-Blanchard’s situational leadership model, House’s Path goal leadership theory and, the VroomJago leader-participation model explaining their premise, procedure and practice.
PRACTICE: Evaluate the effectiveness of the four contingency approaches to leadership in terms of their application in the contemporary workplace, generally, and to the manager/business you investigated in Assignment 2, specifically. Present an argument for why one of the approaches is the most effective leadership approach to the manager/business investigated in Assignment 2.
Submitting: The assignment is to be submitted via TURNITIN via the submission link in the Task 4 folder on the due date.
Feedback: Students who submit their report by the due date will receive feedback within 2 weeks. This feedback will be in the form of a marking rubric and a copy of the report with electronic comments made by the marker.
• Title Page o This is developed by the individual student and must identify the unit name & code, assignment title, student name & ID, and the word count. Note: In-text citations do contribute to the word count, reference list does not contribute to the word count.
o The title should provide insight into the focus of the essay.
o The Title Page is not numbered.
• Abstract o The abstract provides a brief overview of the context, aim and conclusions of report. o On a page by itself and should be numbered in lower case roman numerals but acceptable to have no page numbering at all.
• Introduction o “Page 1” begins here at the bottom right hand corner. Use the ‘page number’ formatting function for this purpose. The remaining pages should then be numbered ‘Page 2’, ‘Page 3’, etc.
o Provide topic orientation (what is the topic and why is it important), state the purpose of the essay, define any key terms and outline what will be presented in the essay.
• Body (do not use this generic heading) o Do not use any subheadings or dot points. Essays are written in paragraphs.
o Develop each of your main points in this section.
• Conclusion o Restate aim of report and summarise findings/evaluation.
• Reference List o Minimum of five peer-reviewed journal articles to be provided.
o Correct application of Harvard referencing style required.
• Formatting o Perspective – Use 3rd-person perspective when writing. o Font style – Times New Roman, 12pt, justified , 1½ line spacing.
o Margins – top and bottom to be 2.54cm. Left and right to be 2.54cm. No page borders.
o Spelling – specify Australian English language/grammar when running spell-check.
o Writing – Grammar and expression must conform to the standards of an academic and professional report.
The post Managing Organisations (MNG10247) appeared first on Versed Writers.