- Discuss the importance of dignity and privacy for the child with special needs during all personal feeding, toileting, and general hygiene routines.
- Highlight how the Special Needs Assistant can increase independence in relation to ‘self-care’ routines. Describe two or three pieces of adapted equipment used in those routines.
- Briefly summarise relevant health and safety issues in relation to care routines.
The word limit for this piece of work is 800
- Regarding the role of the SNA give an example where each of the qualities listed below would be necessary when helping a child with a disability. Outline the importance of each of these qualities.
The word limit for this piece of work is 500
- Regarding the role of the SNA give an example of where the following skills would be useful: (one example for each skill)
- Verbal communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Active listening