Every organization conducts research to plan and implement a business idea. The final project for this course is designed to provide the foundation for an international business plan. These activities offer flexibility for many settings related to global business enterprises. The framework may be used for planning global expansion of an existing product or service, or may be used to research a new foreign business opportunity. Each module of this course is designed to gather information for one component of an international business plan.
This is a two-part assignment. First, select one (1) country and (1) product that will be used to develop the GBP. You will complete each section of the GBP and provide a macro level abstract which doesn’t exceed 5 pages and included an annotated bibliography.
An abstract is a written summary of the work that a student completes and formally presents. The purpose of the abstract is to offer a brief summary which gives an overview of the work or project that you will be presenting. It:
• Explains the value of one’s project or presentation.
• Demonstrates an individual’s knowledge of the subject.
• Provides additional details that the student might not have been able to cover on its oral/narrated presentation.
The abstract is similar to a brief paper. You should include an introduction that outlines or details the background of your project and the purpose. Please note, “required final class project” should not be the purpose mentioned in the abstract. Also, provide a summary of your findings based on the research you performed. Finally, draft a conclusion that outlines what is your final decision buy/make, the reason for your decision and what you learned in general. You will end with an annotated bibliography. Remember APA style is required. Your paper should use the following format:
• Phase 1 – Planning the Global Business Enterprise
Provide a brief overview of the company you are representing, the product, and country
o Analyzing International Competitors
Identify domestic and international companies involved in similar business global business activities
o Assessing the Economic-Geographic Environment
Examine geographic and economic factors that affect the business environment of a nation
o Assessing the Social-Cultural Environment
Research social institutions, customs, traditions, and beliefs influencing business
o Assessing the Political-Legal Environment
Research the influence of government and regulations on business activities
• Phase 2 – Organizing for Global Business Activities
o Selecting a Global Company Structure
Suggest objectives and an organizational framework for global business operations
o Identifying Human Resources for Global Business Activities
Gather information on needed personnel for operating an international enterprise
o Managing International Financial and Business Risks
Identify methods for reducing global business risks
• Phase 3 – Implementing the Global Market Plan
o Product and Target Market Planning for Foreign Markets
Identify specific attributes and customer benefits for a proposed international product or service
o Designing a Global Distribution Strategy
Analyze distribution channels and intermediaries for global business operations
o Planning a Global Promotion Strategy
Suggest advertising messages, media and other promotional activities for an international enterprise
• Phase 4 – Implementing the Global Market Plan
o Determining Financial Results
Estimate revenue and costs based for international business activities
o Measuring International Business Success
Suggest potential criteria for global business accomplishments based on financial results and social contributions
An annotated bibliography is a list of citations to books, articles, and documents. Each citation is followed by a brief (usually about 150 words) descriptive and evaluative paragraph, the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited.
Learn more about annotated bibliographies. (Links to an external site.)
Click for an example of an annotated bibliography on APA style. (Links to an external site.)
The abstract/annotated bibliography should not exceed 5 pages. Please use APA style.
Next, you will prepare a PowerPoint presentation not to exceed 15 minutes using Kaltura. This presentation will include an introduction of your product/country as well as a short company profile. The instructions below contain information on how to record and post your PowerPoint presentation for your final project.
This section is worth 200 points for a total of 300 points for the final project.
Global Business Plan: Abstract
Global Business Plan: Abstract
Criteria Ratings Pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeContent and Focus 50 pts
• Exceptionally clear, focused, engaging introduction. • Strong, rich supporting details and examples that supports buying/making decision. • A meaningful conclusion explaining the importance of the research in the final decision. • Presentation is cohesive and “on message”. 38 pts
• Clear introduction which maintains a consistent focus from beginning to end. • Specific supporting details are presented. • A clear conclusion as to why and how the buying/making decision was made. • Presentation is mostly “on message”. 26 pts
• Contains details but with inconsistent focus. • Generalized supporting details that support buying/making decision. • Conclusion tends to summarize decision of buying/making. • Presentation is not cohesive and often wanders “off message”. 14 pts
• Project lacks clarity and focus. • Inadequate or missing supporting details. • Missing a summarizing conclusion. • Presentation is not cohesive and is more “off message” than “on”. 0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOrganization 50 pts
• Strong introduction and conclusion. • Consistent and coherent logical progression. • Uses clear and skillful transitions. 38 pts
• Clear introduction and conclusion. • Illustrates some consistency and shows some logical progression. • Uses clear transitions. 26 pts
• Introduction and conclusion is present but not clear. • Show some attempt of consistency and order. Presentation and abstract shows attempt to create transitions between topics within the project. 14 pts
• Unable to clearly identify introduction and conclusion. • Lack of consistency and order. • Project shows little or no attempt of transitions between topics throughout. 0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeStyle, Spelling & Grammar 50 pts
• Project is presented in formal language (avoids slang completely). • Elaborate and colorful language use during presentation and abstract. • Correct usage and grammar. • Consistently strong and varied sentence structure. • Direct quotes support student’s ideas. 38 pts
• Majority of project is presented in formal language. • Language appropriate to topic. • Correct usage and grammar. Few spelling mistakes. • Words convey intended message. • Direct quotes support student’s ideas. 26 pts
• Some use of formal language recognized; informal language is dominant. • Most language is appropriate to topic. • Extensive spelling and grammatical errors. • Able to get vague idea of message. 14 pts
• Informal language is used throughout the project. • Language is not appropriate to topic. • Spelling and grammatical errors make it difficult to read slides and abstract. • Message is unclear. 0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSources/Format 50 pts
• Follows APA guidelines. • Uses 5 or more cited sources. • Sources meet the guidelines for types of sources. • All parenthetical documentation is APA correct (author’s name, pg. #). • Reference page is APA correct. • All researched info is documented. 38 pts
• Follows APA guidelines with few exceptions • 3-4 cited sources used. • Sources meet the guidelines for types of sources. • Few errors noted in parenthetical documentation • Majority of Reference page is APA correct. • Most research info is Documented 26 pts
• Inconsistent use of APA style guidelines. • Less than 3 cited sources used. • Majority of parenthetical documentation done incorrectly. • Random APA documentation. • Rarely documents sources. 14 pts
• Fails to follow APA style guidelines. • Presentation cites no reliable sources beyond text and class materials. • Reference page is not understandable. 0 pts
Total Points: 200
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.