In this assessment, you will have the opportunity to develop an audiovisual presentation of your Assessment 2 integration plan for the new or updated technology you proposed for the organization.
Develop an asynchronous audiovisual presentation of your plan for implementing the new or upgraded health information technology, based on the technology change proposal you developed for Assessment 2.
The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure that, at a minimum, you address each criterion. You may also want to read the Technology Integration Presentation Scoring Guide to better understand how each criterion will be assessed.
- Identify the goals, elements, and overall scope of an implementation plan most likely to garner leadership support.
- What are the key factors having potential effects on outcomes?
- What principles of effective change leadership would you apply to the development of your implementation strategy?
- Analyze elements critical to the effective use of the proposed technology.
- Consider the resource requirements to implement the plan.
- Consider the influence of end users and other stakeholders on successful implementation.
- Include any evidence you have to support your analysis.
- Make data-driven decisions.
- Collect appropriate and accurate data to generate evidence for nursing practice improvement.
- Include the outcome measures that will provide evidence of successful implementation.
- Assess the value and utility of particular evaluation tools in measuring the impact of the new or upgraded technology on outcomes.
- Articulate steps for evaluating and resolving potential ethical and legal issues associated with technology implementation.
- Are there clear cause-and-effect relationships among organizational functions, processes, and ethical and legal behaviors?
- What are the ethical and legal implications of evaluating safety and quality outcomes associated with the change?
- How can nurse leaders guide and support interprofessional care teams as ethical and legal issues arise?
- Present a technology implementation plan to executive leaders.
- Consider the information needs of your audience and any potential concerns they might have about the plan.
- What questions or objections are they likely to raise?
- How would you respond?
- Express your key points clearly and coherently, and support your assertions and conclusions with credible evidence.
- Apply applicable APA formatting to citations and references.
- Proofread your slides to minimize errors that could distract the audience and make it more difficult to focus on the substance of your presentation.
- Remember, you may use Microsoft PowerPoint or other suitable presentation software to create your slides
- Most presentations will likely be 10 to 15 slides in length (plus title and reference list slides).
- Cite a minimum of eight credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications to support your presentation.
Upload your audiovisual presentation and attach the presentation slides, with speaker notes, to the assessment area.