U.s. government questions | Government homework help
1. The federal government has grown immensely since 1789. Discuss reasons for this growth. Can we expect government to continue to grow? Why? Why not?
2. The Constitution is specific about some features of the relationships between national and state governments and vague about some other features. Give examples of both specific and vague provisions and discuss how the latter have helped Americans adapt the Constitution to changing times.
3. Compare and contrast federalism under FDR, Nixon, Clinton and Bush.
4. Are there still significant state and regional differences? What factors have a homogenizing influence? Are any of the traditional political subcultures intact? Do you think Southerners still resent Northerners and vice-versa?
5. Why is our federal system tilting/moving towards decentralization and fragmentation?
6. Provide examples of the types of federal aid your community/state receives on a day-to-day basis.