The answer for each question should be at least 100 words (500 total for each assignment). While all responses should be based on the assigned course content, if you choose to include additional outside information, be sure to cite your source(s) using APA Style. If you directly quote the course textbook, don’t forget to cite the text. Please note that all assignments are automatically submitted to Turnitin to check for academic dishonesty, as noted in the syllabus.
- What is bureaucracy? Discuss the components of Max Weberâ€™s â€œidealâ€ bureaucracy.
- Describe â€œnetwork organizationsâ€ and explain how they differ from the Weberian ideal type bureaucratic model.
- What is the role of state and local bureaucracy in promoting sustainable communities? Can you think of some specific examples?
- Consider the role of â€œred tapeâ€ in bureaucracy. Is it always a negative phenomenon, or could it be considered important in preventing corruption and maintaining even-handed treatment of citizens?
- What are the historic trends in state and local government employment in terms of numbers employed and demographics (race, gender)? Do you think these trends will continue?