- Please answer the questions on the attached document below by following the guidelines.
- 6.1. Identify tools that a business can use to commercialize their intellectual property assets.
- 6.2. Describe an internal ecosystem profile that enables innovation.
- 6.3. AT&T became an example of how monopoly power does not enhance innovation. Prior to the divestiture of the Baby Bells, there was little correlation between profits and research and development expenditures. After divestiture, the correlation between profits and research and development increased exponentially, even though profits decreased. Interestingly enough, AT&T recently combined with BellSouth Corp. and Cingular Wireless under a new corporate name, SBC Corp. Also of interest, four of the Baby Bells ( Bellsouth, Southwestern Bell, Ameritech, and Pacific Bell) were recently reunited under the AT&T umbrella. Does this indicate we are incapable of learning from our mistakes?
- 6. 4. Though Sarbanes-Oxley does not currently require any particular valuation methodology for claiming intangible assets like intellectual property on financing statements, do you think they should standardize the process?
6.5 Annual intellectual property audits are not currently required, but given the importance of the information they provide, shouldnâ€™t they be required?
Examine both sides of the issue.
It is important to think systematically about these questions. Do not just evaluate on the basis od how 1 person would be affected, but think how the entire system (whether itâ€™s the economic system, the political system, or the innovative system) that will be affected.
Rubric | For each question use the IRAC Protocol:
|I||Identify the relevant legal issue.||25 points|
|R||Cite the relevant rule, statute, case law, or legal theory that defines the issue. Also, note the relevant public policy.||25 points|
|A||Analyze the facts and compare them with the relevant rules or definitions and any public policy||25 points|
|C||Form a logical conclusion about whether the issue is being handled in such a way as to support the public policy, or if there are problems. Propose a solution if there are problems.||25 points|