In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words, analyze the nature of groupthink and its relationship to the leader, and then suggest means for leaders to mitigate groupthink. Your paper must include the following:
1. An analysis of the nature of groupthink. What is it? How does it occur?
2. An analysis of the relationship between groupthink and the leader. Do some leadership styles lend more easily to the rise of groupthink? How does groupthink influence the decision making of the leader?
3. Research-based suggestions for leaders to mitigate groupthink. What should the leader do to prevent or counteract groupthink?
General Requirements: Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
· Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
· This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.