- For this task, you will analyze and assess a number of free online survey tools that researchers can use to collect data, and then write an essay explaining your findings.
- First, search the Internet for free online survey tools such as those found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/survey-templates and review the survey template examples (go to Academic Surveys). Review the examples and compare two on factors such as options, usability and determine the cost through a service such as SurveyMonkey.
- Second, determine a topic area that could be researched using a quantitative measurement.
- Third, determine a variable that could be measured using a quantitative design.
- Fourth, prepare a short four-item instrument that measures a variable related to your selected topic area.
- Fifth, identify your population of interest if you were to use these tools to measure the selected variable. Explain how you might most effectively reach participants to recruit to complete your online instrument. Describe whether your approach would differ if you were recruiting participants to complete the same instrument in person.
- Sixth, pretend that you are a participant. Complete the instruments you have created. Describe your experience as a participant with regard to factors, such as ease of readability, and time to complete.
- Finally, as an independent scholar, you will have to decide which data-collection strategy is most appropriate, given the problem statement, purpose, and research questions of the study. Discuss the advantages and limitations of collecting data online versus in person. Also, discuss possible topics that might be better suited for online data collection as opposed to in person.
Support your assertions with citations to five peer-reviewed resources.
Length: 5-7 pages (Not including title and reference pages)
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to the topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Topic area to use
2. Topic that could be researched: “How often do you buy smartphone apps that cost more than $0.99?”
3. Variable: Number of mobile apps bought
5. Demographic: Smartphone users