Please review the following course text: Sire, The Universe Next Door: A Basic Worldview Catalog (2009).
Also, please use the following format in preparing your 4-MAT Book Review:
- Title Page: Remember to include a Title page that meets APA guidelines
- Summary: Summarize what you have read as if you were the author boiling down the book into 200 to 250 words. Prove that you comprehend the readings by describing the biblical worldview of the author and text and the central themes communicated in the book. Citations required.
- Concrete Responses: Get vulnerable! In 250 to 300 words, relate a personal life episode that this book connected with in your own life experience. Relate your story in first person, describing action, quoting sentences you remember hearing or saying. In the teaching style of Jesus, this is a do-it-yourself parable, case study, confession. You will remember almost nothing you have read unless you make this critical, personal connection. What video memory began to roll? This is your chance to tell your story and make new ideas found in the book your own. In this section, you can use first person meaning the words “I,” “we,” ‘us,” and “you.” No citations required.
- Reflection: Please consider the content of the reading assignment and include any further questions the material brings to mind. Keep a rough note sheet at hand as you read. Begin with questions like, “What would I like further information on?” Where do I not agree/strongly agree with the author?” or “What bothers me/excites me about this content?” This section should be at least 250 to 300 words. In this section, you can use first person meaning the words “I,” “we,” ‘us,” and “you.” No citations required.
- Application: How does information book influence how you are going to continue your own personal growth process? What actions or changes are you going to make in your life as a result of your learning? Your response here is a matter of obedience first, questions later. Be precise in summarizing your action steps (limit these comments to about 150 to 200 words). In this section, you can use first person meaning the words “I,” “we,” ‘us,” and “you.” No citations required.
- Include Reference Page: Remember to include a reference page that identifies the book in APA format.