Structure for Work-Life Balance
This course has major project assignments that will be due in Weeks 3 and 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and other work for those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
Most organizations face a major challenge with the performance of their workforce. With limited funds, organizations are constantly struggling to produce more with less. At the same time, employees are faced with increasing job responsibilities and challenges to work-life balance. As the pressure for performance continues, organizational design has to be smarter about the efficiency of employees and the opportunities provided to strengthen work-life balance.
Using the organization, you selected in Week 1, analyze the organizational design from the perspective of increasing demands for working hours, work-life balance, and employee efficiency. Building off your learning in the discussion forum this week, address the following topics:
- Analyze the impact of the work-life balance problem on:
- Organizational performance in your organization.
- Individuals (employees) in your organization.
- Assess the sustainability of the work-life balance trend in your organization. What are the likely long-term effects?
- Justify recommendations to enhance the organizational design so that employees can improve their work-life balance (consider policies, processes, systems, leadership, etc.). Be sure to use research to support your recommendations.
- How can the organization and employees enhance employee efficiency?
- How can the organization support innovation or innovative approaches to enhance work-life balance?
- How can the organization leverage technology to enhance work-life balance?
- Submit your answers in a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document.