The human service professional serves the needs of patients and families in a healthcare setting by providing crisis counseling. Reflect on a news story that involved crisis. Briefly explain the crisis. Using Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, analyze your chosen crisis issue for the individual (and the family, if applicable) in one of these specific settings. Determine an appropriate intervention and defend your selection.
In your paper,
- Describe a specific crisis involved a person or family.
- Apply Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs to the lives impacted by the crisis.
- Analyze a crisis-related issue that the in individual is facing/will or may face.
- Defend an appropriate crisis intervention strategy.
The Crisis Intervention in Healthcare Settings paper
- Must be two to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper (bold and with a space between the title and the rest of the information)
- Student’s name, followed by institution name (“University of Arizona Global Campus”)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.)tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.)resource in the Writing Center for