Wk 3 Team – Analysis of Wrongdoing [due Mon]
- Resource: Grading Guide
In this assignment, you apply and integrate the concepts of attribution, attitude, behavior, and cognitive dissonance.
Identify a situation in which an individual was persuaded into a decision to engage in behavior that violated social values, beliefs, attitudes, ethics, and/or morals, such as misrepresenting a product, underreporting income on taxes, falsifying services on a billing document, taking supplies from work, or engaging in vandalism.
Write a 700-word paper in which you analyze your identified situation. Address the following items:
- Analyze the situation from the perspective of the individual’s social, cultural, and spiritual influences and his or her ethics. Refrain from inserting your own judgments and opinions.
- Discuss how attribution theory can be applied to the situation.
- Describe the reciprocal relationship between behavior and attitudes.
- Explain how the individual could have used cognitive dissonance theory to rationalize his or her behavior.
- Cite at least 3 references.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Note: When approaching Learning Team assignments, equal group work is required. Reference your Learning Team Charter for the details and guidance.
Submit your assignment.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar and Writing Guides
- Learning Team Toolkit
- Copyright 2019 by University of Phoenix. All rights reserved.