Now that you have completed and submitted your final paper, it is time to share your research and analysis with a broader audience through a narrated presentation. For this assignment, you will create a professional presentation based on the main points of your final paper. Develop a recorded/narrated PowerPoint or Prezi that is 4-5 minutes in length. This is an opportunity to refine your presentation skills and to see how it feels to be professor or invited speaker on a topic. Your presentation should address the following:
- Introduction that briefly outlines the rest of the presentation (personality theory selected, nature of the situation analyzed)
- Synthesis of findings from the literature review that briefly outlines major tenets or concepts of your selected personality theory, criticisms of the theory, and advantages of the theory
- Description of the real-world situation
- Application of the theory to analyze the real-world situation
- Conclusion that synthesizes your main points and findings, and offers implications for practice or further research
At the end of your presentation, pose a discussion question to your peers regarding your personality theory and application of it to the real-world situation. Your question should be open-ended (one that can’t be answered in single sentence), and should encourage your audience to share their own perspectives and understanding of your presentation as they answer the question. This will be used to engage your peers when they view and respond to the presentation in the “Module 6: Final Paper Presentation” discussion topic.
Your presentation should demonstrate your professionalism. This includes the use of appropriate text and images and your demeanor when presenting (speaking clearly and audibly, not just read the words from the slide, etc.). The page “How to Design a Good PowerPoint Presentation” offers helpful guidelines.
- Please refer to the rubric associated with this assignment for detailed guidance about expectations and grading.
- Please submit this assignment through D2L by 11:59PM Central Time on Sunday.