- As a counselor, you will be making decisions on how to select evidence-based treatments. In your essay, demonstrate the decision-making process that you will use to choose one evidence-based treatment over another. Write a 1,000-1,250-word reflection essay on how to effectively utilize research in order to guide decision-making processes in the counseling profession. Include the following in your essay:
- A discussion about how qualitative and quantitative research reports guide the decision-making process.
- A discussion about the key characteristics of effective writing and publication in counseling and psychological research. How do these characteristics guide the decision-making processes?
- Select a diagnosis and include an example of how research could assist in treatment.
- Include a minimum of three scholarly resources in addition to the course textbook.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency: 4.2: Utilize research to guide decision-making processes.
USE OUR CLASS TEXT AS ONE OF YOUR REFERENCES: (If it applies)
Sheperis, C., Young, J., & Daniels, M. H. (2017). Counseling research: Quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods (2nd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ. Pearson.