The type of articles that you will need to find is research articles located in scholarly journals. Scholarly journal articles are also referred as primary source peer reviewed articles. What cannot be used for this assignment are Web pages, magazines, newspapers, text books, and other books. Finally, current research for our purposes is an article that was published within the last 5 to 6 years.
Remember this is a course on sensation and perception so when looking for articles make sure that it is related to the subject matter covered in the course. For your research choose the first topic area (major theories) as well as 1 other area. Find 3 articles (as described above) for each area of the two areas (6 articles total for the bibliography).
- The major theories associated with perception
- Critical features of biology and physiology regarding sensation and perception
- Articulate the connection between biology, physiology, and the environment
- Processes associated with the perception of color, brightness, and contrast
- Processes involved with perceiving objects, forms, depth, size, movement, and events
- Critical elements involved with sound, localization, speech, and pitch perception
- Cutaneous and chemical sensations in the process of perception
- The influence of environmental context (e.g., geography) on perception
The annotated bibliography should include for each article.
- Write a 1-2 paragraph summary for each article.
- Write a 1–2-paragraph analysis and evaluation for each article found.
- Make sure to integrate what you learned in your course readings in that analysis
- Use correct spelling, grammar, and professional vocabulary.
- Use APA format including:
- Title page
- Double space
- Reference page
- Cite and reference all sources using the APA format.
Using APA format, cite sources appropriately throughout your assignment, and reference on a separate page.