PLEASE READ THESE DIRECTIONS AND THE SCORING GUIDE AS THIS IS HOW THE PAPER GETS GRADED!!
Write a 3-4 page recommendation report based on the benefits and risks highlighted in the informative report from Assessment 3.
The goal of writing a recommendation report is to provide a solution to a problem or challenge in the workplace. In this situation, the problem or challenge is the need for innovation; the solution is determined by you.
You can choose whether the benefits outweigh the risks or vice versa. If you choose the benefits, your recommendation report should focus on the recommendation of the innovation. If the risks outweigh the benefits, your recommendation report should focus on not implementing the innovation at this time and suggesting an alternative.
Recommendation reports are a form of persuasive writing. Preparing for this assessment, youâ€™ll discover how you can use your communication skill to summon the passion and power of your words to persuade others to believe your point of view.
Review the innovation risks and benefits you defined in the informational report. Identify possible innovation recommendations based on the risks and benefits. Use the Capella library and online resources to help you determine criteria you can use to help clarify and define the scope of your final recommendation. Identify a minimum of two references that support your conclusions. The General Education Information Research Skills Library Guide is helpful for this research.
To write a detailed recommendation, you will need to consider 2â€“3 criteria that are influencing your recommendation. Common criteria include cost, safety, or efficiency, but you can choose any criteria that best support your recommendation.
For this assessment, write a 3â€“4 page recommendation report in which you complete the following. Use the Recommendation Report Template [DOCX]ï»¿ to complete this assessment. The template is structured in the order that is typical of these kinds of reports, but it is not necessarily the order in which you would complete the work.
- Step 1: Create an introduction that clarifies purpose and audience.
- Identify the audience for which you are targeting your report.
- Discuss any resistance you anticipate from your audience about the recommendation.
- Explain the outcomes you’re looking for after the report is delivered.
- Step 2: Select criteria to determine the scope of the recommendation.
- Select 3â€“4 criteria to help you analyze the risks and benefits against the possible recommendations.
- Rank the criteria in order of importance.
- Explain why each criterion was chosen and ranked as selected.
- Step 3: Analyze each criterion.
- Provide a brief and concise analysis.
- Provide an analysis that clearly shows how each criterion supports your final recommendation.
- Step 4: Provide a recommendation based on the criteria and risk-benefit analysis.
Save your recommendation report in an accessible format and submit it. Your report should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Formatting: The recommendation report is organized and formatted in a way that enhances comprehension and keeps the reader interested. Use the Recommendation Report Template [DOCX] to complete this assessment.
- References: Include a minimum of two references that are clearly cited and credited on a citation page.
- Length: 3â€“4 pages of text, in addition to the cover sheet and citation page. The cover sheet should include your name, the course number, assessment title, and date.
- Citations: As you complete research, it is important to cite your sources so that you can provide the original author with credit for their work. There are different citation formats. As you move forward, you will use APA in your coursework. You do not need to use APA formatting in this course, but it is important to learn the intent of it so you have the necessary foundation. For this assessment:
- Provide the authorâ€™s last name and the year of the publication in the body of the report. If there is a direct quote, use quotation marks and provide the page number, too.
- Provide a separate reference page that includes a list of the research you used for the assessment.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 2: Define the appropriate audience and purpose for specific deliverables.
- Create an introduction that clarifies purpose and audience.
- Competency 3: Develop business and technical writing documents that convey essential information.
- Select criteria to explain the scope of the recommendation.
- Analyze each criterion.
- Provide recommendation based on risk-benefit analysis.
- Competency 5: Produce text with minimal grammar, usage, spelling, and mechanical errors.
- Write in a well-organized and concise manner that adheres to the rules of grammar, usage, and mechanics.