For this assignment, you will select a movie that depicts the worldview of one of the specific populations discussed in this module to which you do not belong. Your review should include the following:
- Provide a brief overview of the plot of the movie and the scenes that are pertinent to the special population.
- Explain how the movie supported or refuted stereotypes and assumptions.
- Describe how viewing the movie contributed to your understanding of the population, including its systems, values, communication styles, and experiences with oppression, prejudice, and discrimination.
- Identify and describe additional resources to increase your understanding of this population and how to serve it effectively in counseling.
If you have other suggestions as possible movies, please contact your instructor for approval prior to working on the assignment.
Your final product should be a 3- to 5-page Microsoft Word document written in APA format. Utilize at least three scholarly sources. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- By the due date assigned, save your paper as M6_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc and submit the document to the Submissions Area.