The companies that you need to review for this assignment are:
You can find the 10K reports that you need for the companies attached below – 10K Reports. The company sites for the proxies and 10Q reports are listed below:
1. Kroger: http://ir.kroger.com/sec-filings
2. Walmart: https://stock.walmart.com/investors/financial-information/sec-filings/
Below are the requirements for the assignment. You need to answer the following questions for each company separately:
1) Review the 10-K reports of the companies that you have been assigned. In the first few pages, there is usually a table of contents. What kind of information is included in the 10-K reports of your companies?
2) Based on item 1of your 10-K reports provide a brief overview of the business of your companies.
3) For each company, go to the financial statements section of the 10-K reports (item 8). What type of statements do we have in this case (i.e. internally prepared, compilation, review or audit)? If it is an audit, what type of opinion do we have? The audit opinion can be found either in the beginning or at the end of the financial section.
4) Look at the actual financial statements of each company. What is the first statement? What is its purpose? How many years of data are presented there? What period does it cover?
5) What is the second statement? What is its purpose? How many years of data are presented there? What are the dates?