Answer the following questions in three well-developed paragraphs (450–500 words) using APA formatting, integrating two evidence-based resources to include clinical practice guidelines as well as the course textbook.
Topic: Heart Failure
ML is a retired registered nurse (RN) who has been given the diagnosis of Stage A heart failure. She knows from her RN education that she will definitely be placed on digoxin as a therapy. She remembers something about halos as something to be attuned to.
- Explain the pathophysiology of Stage A heart failure.
- What is the rational drug choice for treatment of this individual?
- Address the patient’s concern about halos should digoxin be prescribed.
- Are there gender considerations related to medication treatment in this scenario? If so, what are they? For example, do men and women differ in their side effect profile and/or complications (for instance, from digoxin)?
- Discuss monitoring of the pharmacological agent(s) selected.
Cites three or more references, using at least one new scholarly resource that was not provided in the course materials.