Overview: Using mentor or model texts is a strategy to improve your own writing. The New York Times describes mentor texts as, “Demystifying the writing process via examples students can learn from and emulate.” In this assignment, you will locate a mentor text in the form of a dissertation that may or may not be similar to your own topic to use as a model while you write your chapter 2. It is most helpful to find a dissertation with a literature review similar to your own, but if that is not possible, you may look for the next best option.
The Smart Phone as a Dangerous Technology
- Use ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global database on the UC Library website to locate mentor text dissertation (preferably it would be related to your topic).
- You may need to use advanced search options to help narrow your search.
- Scan read the entire dissertation.
- Carefully read the literature review section.
- Provide a one-paragraph summary of the entire literature review.
- Write a second paragraph about what you learned through reviewing chapter 2
APA format with references needed