1. Use the rubric to complete the assignment and pay attention to the points assigned to each section of the paper.
2. Use the format of the paper to organize your paper.
3. Use the samples of essay critiques as guidelines when completing this assignment.
4. Students are asked to critique Jules Ferry’s French Colonial Expansion, not to write a paper about Jules Ferry.
5. Identify a fact (see rubric) means that you take a sentence or paragraph in the assigned reading that you find very interesting and cite it as highlighted in yellow in the samples of primary papers and analyze it. In other words, you come up with your own interpretation of that fact.
6. Do not summarize the five facts but instead quote them as written in the assigned reading and highlighted in yellow in the samples of papers.