Assignment Week 8a
Marketing Ethics & Misbehavior
Marketing ethics is defined as the societal and professional standards of right and fair practices that are expected of marketing managers as they develop and implement marketing strategies. Many organizations have explicitly stated rules or codes of conduct. The American Marketing Association has also created a Code of Ethics. All of these tools have been designed to protect the consumer. Research 3-5 laws, organizational practices, or ethical codes that impact businesses and protect consumers. Describe each one and provide a discussion about how they are used to protect consumers. Provide an example. At the conclusion, provide a discussion of companies you trust and distrust, and discuss why. What can a business do to re-gain your trust once it has been lost?
- Write between 750-1000 words per question using Microsoft Word
- Be sure when constructing your paper, you incorporate concepts from the chapter and/or lecture to show your understanding of the topic.
- Use font size 12, 1” margins and double spaced.
- Include cover page & reference page (if needed)
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Textbook, lectures and other materials in the course may be used but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.