There are two important components in this assessment. You will submit the following:
- A paper explaining effective policies and procedures
- A collections flowchart
1. Effective Policies and Procedures paper
Review Figures 14.1 and 14.2 in Ch. 14 of Medical Insurance: A Revenue Cycle Process Approach.
Write a 350- to 525-word paper in which you:
- Explain the 3 major elements of critical thinking:
- Logical inquiry
- Evaluative decision-making
- Describe the basic elements of an effective medical office financial policy.
- Outline how medical office procedures support financial policies.
- Describe the consequences of having office procedures that do not support financial policies.
- Recommend strategies or tools that medical offices can use to ensure effective alignment of policies and procedures.
2. Collections Flowchart
Review Ch. 14 of Medical Insurance: A Revenue Cycle Process Approach.
Imagine you work at a local medical office and have been asked to train a new billing specialist in the collection process.
Create a flowchart using MicrosoftÂ® Word that illustrates the sequence of basic steps in the collections process.
Attach your flowchart to your paper.