Week 7 Assignment – Annotated Bibliography
For this assignment, you will create an annotated bibliography. Creating an annotated bibliography calls for the application of a variety of intellectual skills: concise exposition, succinct analysis, and informed library research. Below, you will find a sample annotation from annotated bibliographies:
Sample SWS Annotation
1. Brett Snyder. 2009. December Premium Air Traffic Down More Than 13 Percent. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/december-premium-air-traffic-down-more-than-13-percent/
In this news segment, Snyder informs why air traffic numbers are down and reasons they will continue. There were countries that took big hits partly because of the lack of demand for premium travel. It was also reported that there was a significant impact to the economy. Snyderâ€™s report was timely, significant, and informative. An experienced airline analyst and air travel blogger, Snyder provides valuable information and assistance on air travel.
The annotation above both summarizes the report in the citation. This paragraph provides a brief summary of Snyderâ€™s segment in the news report, covering the main points of premium air travel.
Create an annotated bibliography for the five sources you identified and evaluated in Week 7, in which you:
- Cite the book, article, or document using the appropriate style.
- Write a concise annotation that summarizes the central theme and scope of the book or article. Include one or more sentences that (a) evaluate the authority or background of the author, (b) comment on the intended audience, (c) compare or contrast this work with another you have cited, or (d) explain how this work illuminates your bibliography topic.
- Identify whether the article is credible and useful.
- Ensure each source includes four parts: author or organization, publication date, title, and how to find it. If you have trouble finding these details, then re-evaluate the credibility of your source. If needed, include page number as a fifth part.
The Annotated bibliography must be double-spaced, 12-point font. All references must be cited using SWS (Strayer Writing Standards) style.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate resources for credibility and relevancy to contribute to a research project.