750 words (Training and Employee Development)
Once the training analysis is completed, the organization and employee development human resources specialist uses adult learning theories to turn the training needs into training materials, courses, and instructional design.
Address the following elements of understanding the adult learning model:
- Explain the theories of adult learning principles.
- Compare the differences between child/adolescent and adult learning models (pedagogy and andragogy).
- Discuss the concept of learning styles, personalities, and how these concepts are combined with adult learning in organizational training and development programs.
- Explore the options that organizations have in applying adult learning to a comprehensive training and development program.
(Training and Employee Development)
You have learned that adults respond best to a variety of instructional methods.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- Discuss the process for turning a completed training needs analysis into a course.
- Applying design theory, explain how you would assemble a course on managing employee performance.
- What approaches would you use?
- What technology would you use?
(Human Resouece Capstone) 300–500 words
Primary Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
For this Discussion Board, please complete the following:
A structured performance management system is an important part of a company’s strategy. Performance management systems provide a means for a company to evaluate the work of its employees. It is one of the ways that employees are coached, developed, and assessed for promotion. One of the biggest concerns with performance management systems is how to make them fair to all employees. With your fellow classmates, please discuss the following:
- In your opinion, what makes a legal, fair, and ethical performance management system?
- Provide an example of a method for evaluating an employee. Explain why you would recommend it.
- As a manager, how would you successfully discuss a performance appraisal with an employee?