Part A. 300 words each with 1 reference each, 600 words total
1. Explain the history of failed attempts to enact national health insurance in the United States.
2. According to your personal worldview, should individuals have a right to medical care? Are there any instances when medical care should not be considered a right?
Part B. 1,000 words
The purpose of this assignment is to familiarize yourself with the intricacies of health care reform.
Analyze the nature of health care reform in the United States, both in the past and present.
- Discuss the two needed elements in health care reform and why they hold importance.
- Evaluate a minimum of three different health care reform strategies and provide a rationale for each.
- Choose one of the three areas (above) and provide a specific example of health care reform at either the state or national level: (a) What was it called? (b) Who introduced it? (c) When was it introduced? (d) What was its ultimate purpose? and (e) Did it succeed? If not, why not?
Incorporate two or three peer-reviewed scholarly resources