- Week 4 Assignment – Case Study: Transforming Data Into Information
You are a supervisor at Regional Call Center’s Washington, DC, facility. Regional provides contract call center services for several companies, including banks and major retail companies. You have been with the company for slightly more than seven years, having joined Regional right after graduating with a master’s degree in business administration from Strayer University. After the monthly staff meeting, you were handed a new assignment by the company CEO. The assignment came out of a discussion at the meeting in which one of Regional’s clients wanted a report describing the calls being handled for them by Regional. The CEO had asked you to describe the data in a file called Regional Call Center and produce a report that would both graphically and numerically analyze the data. The data are for a sample of 57 calls and the following variables:
- Account Number.
- Past Due Amount.
- Current Account Balance.
- Nature of Call (Billing Question or Other).
- Summarize the case scenario of the Regional Call Center’s Washington, D.C. facility.
- Develop bar charts showing the mean and median current account balance.
- Construct a scatter diagram showing the current balance on the horizontal axis and the past due amount on the vertical axis.
- Compute the key descriptive statistics for the current and past due amounts.
- Repeat task 4 but compute the statistics for the past due balances.
- Compute the coefficient of variation for current account balances.
- Write a 4–5-page report (including a cover page and a source list page) to National’s client that contains the results of the completed tasks along with a discussion of the statistics and graphs.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Apply strategies that are informed by the principles of statistical thinking and data-driven decision-making to enhance business process performance