Scenario: You are the HR manager of a healthcare organization. One of the newly appointed nurses has complained about a senior doctor. She claims that the doctor sends her obscene messages on her cell phone and also makes obscene gestures at her.
Write a paper addressing the following:
- How would you define sexual harassment? What is the legal definition?
- Does the complaint in the scenario fall under the definition of sexual harassment? Why or why not?
- What would be the implications of this complaint, if it is found true, for the senior doctor and the healthcare organization?
- How would you, as an HR manager, address this complaint? What does the law require of HRM in such cases?
- What steps would you take to prevent this kind of situation from recurring?