1. (2 points) Answer the following questions about interrupts:
(a) Describe the events that occur when an interrupt occurs at the completion of a disk transfer.
(b) If a second interrupt occurs during processing of that disk transfer, what steps are taken?
2. (2 points) What are the advantages of flash memory over hard disk storage? What are the advantages of hard disk over flash memory storage? What are the advantages of both hard disk and flash memory storage over RAM? What is the major advantage of RAM over other types of storage?
3. (2 points) Clearly describe and discuss at least three advantages of clustering.
4. (2 points) Explain in detail why the average seek time for a hard disk is less than a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM.
5. (2 points) Cloud computing is a recent technology that is used as a means to provide off-site computing power to an organization. Locate information about cloud computing and compare cloud computing with grid computing. In what ways are they similar? How do they differ?