Read the Introduction chapter of our textbook;
- Read the Introduction chapter of our textbook;
- Choose an artwork from A – F above.
- Classify the subject matter of your chosen artwork according to the vocabulary listed on pages 35-36 (representational, non-objective, abstract) in the Introduction of your textbook and briefly explain why you classified the subject matter the way you did (40 % of grade).
- Identify what you believe to be the content of your chosen artwork and briefly explain why interpreted the content the way you did (40 % of grade).
- Discuss which subject matter classification (abstract, representational, non-objective) is your favorite and why (20 % of grade).
- Type up your answers and save them as a pdf or word file and upload it here. Make sure to use your own words!