In this module, we consider how organizations need to adapt to the changing workforce and learn what they will need to do in the future to fully benefit from diversity.
Module 3 Learning Objectives
- To understand why organizations are changing in terms of their approaches to diversity.
- To understand the implications fo the business case for diversity.
- To explore some of the models for understanding organizational diversity.
- To learn how to evaluate an organization’s diversity programs and progress.
To Complete This Module:
- Complete the Readings for Module 3.
- Review the Module 3 Learning Outcomes and Module 3 Key Concepts.
- Actively participate in the Discussion. In order to earn full credit, be sure to create an original thread that addresses the topic in a scholarly manner, and reply to at least 2 classmate’s posts by the due date.
- Complete Module 3 Exercise 3. Be sure to address the topic in both a reflective and objective manner, citing your sources according to APA guidelines.
- Actively participate in Module 3 Summary and Reflection. Be sure to post an original thread that addresses the topic in a scholarly manner as well as a reflection describing your thoughts, feelings, and epiphanies. Then, reply to at least 2 of your classmates before the due date.
- Actively participate in the Module 3 Bonus Discussion to each extra credit points.
- Complete the Module 3 Research Assignment 3. When choosing the issue/problem to be researched, consider the discriminative issue, the industry in which it can/was observed, and the region of the country as you focus your topic.
Please familiarize yourself with the following keywords and concepts:
- Human Capital
- The 3 Ethical Theories (p. 281 Harvey and Allard)
THE ASSIGNMENT IS LISTED BELOW:
At the end of each module I will ask you to reflect on your work and your reading and use the following questions as a guide for your discussion:
This will be a discussion of free-expression based on your reflections.
What have I done here?
What have I learned from what I have done here?
What will I do differently from what I have learned here?
What will I tell others about what I have learned here?