What is a network? Describe how the home network would be used by your family members. Name at least five components that would be connected to the network. What types of hardware, software, connectivity components, etc., would be required to fully implement the home network? Security issues will need to be considered. What are the risks to your network? What will you need to fully protect your home network?
3.) All computers perform five basic operations. Name and define each operation. Include two examples of each.
4. )Define the term ergonomics. Why is ergonomics important when a computer is designed? What purpose does ergonomics serve in an office or home setting? What are the consequences of a poor ergonomically-designed workspace?
5. )Define the term computer-based information systems. In your definition, discuss three types of information systems, the audience or level of management served by each, and how the systems benefit the organization.
7. )What is conditional formatting with Highlight Cells Rules? Give one example of how this feature can be useful in business.
8. )What is the difference between a relative cell reference and an absolute cell reference? When would you make a reference absolute? Provide an example of when you would use an absolute cell reference.
9. )What are the four ways to add a function to a formula?
10. )Provide an example demonstrating the benefit of a relational database.
11.) Why is it important to back up your database? What are two specific methods to perform this backup?
12.) What are the benefits of using Slide Master view in PowerPoint?
13) Describe how you would apply slide transitions to your PowerPoint presentation. Discuss what you should consider when using transitions timing options for your animated objects.
14). Name the five views available in Word, and identify which of those five is the default view