Activity 6- Project Risk
#1 Small to medium businesses are exposed to risks on a daily basis. The impact of these risks could cause a decrease in revenue and/or an increase in expenses. As we all know, every business is subject to risks at any time. The potential losses as a result of unmanaged risks could be catastrophic. Insurance policies can be purchased that can help protect businesses from risks caused by certain events and from risks to their employees’ personal security.You have been given the task of persuading your business’s board of directors to purchase insurance policies that will help manage the risks mentioned above. The insurance policies have already been chosen, but now you must explain the details of the insurance policies, including the contracts involved in the policies to the board and convince the board that these policies really will protect the business from risks. In addition, you must describe what the terms in the insurance contracts mean and how they can be applicable to each business area.In order to do this, you will need to create a portfolio document with the following sections:
- Define insurance and an insurance policy.
- Identify the two basic types of insurance.
- Describe how insurance policies can be used to protect the business from risks caused by certain events and from risks to their employees’ personal security while on the job.
- Define the four essential elements of a valid insurance contract: offer and acceptance, consideration, legal capacity, and purpose.
- Identify the common terms found in insurance contracts that specify exactly what risks an insurer will cover.
- Define catastrophe theory and how it differs from risk management principles.
- Discuss how catastrophe theory can be utilized by your organizations to manage and recover from risks.
- There is no minimum or maximum required number of pages. Your response will be considered complete, if it addresses each of the components outlined above.
- Use of proper APA formatting and citations – If supporting evidence from outside resources is used those must be properly cited. A minimum of 7 sources (excluding the course textbook) from scholarly articles or business periodicals is required.
- Include your best critical thinking and analysis to arrive at your justification.
Title: Managing Project Risks ISBN: 9781119489733 Authors: Peter J. Edwards, Paulo Vaz Serra, Michael Edwards Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Publication Date: 2019-08-13