Project 3: Software Weaknesses
Step 12: Submit the Software Recommendation Memo
Now that you have weighed the software options, write a memo recommending an approach to software acquisition for the organization Use your ideas from the matrix and white paper. Address it to procurement, with coordination through the chief information officer. This memo will educate leadership on the importance of making the right software decisions for the organization, so the memo will describe the software development life cycle (SDLC) and its applicability to the current needs of your organization. The three- to five-page memorandum should accomplish the following:
- Articulate the software needs of the organization.
- Identify the software options that best meet the organizationâ€™s needs.
- Make a recommendation for your organization supported by a rationale.
- Describe the key attributes of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Describe the weaknesses of commonly used software (word processing, spreadsheets, email platforms).
- Identify any known risks of your recommendation and describe supply chain risk management your organization could implement.
- Detail the costs involved in your recommendation.
- Cite contract language that would be used to ensure that supply chain, system, network, and operational security were met.
Submit the memo to your instructor.