For this assignment, identify an issue in adolescent psychology that your imagined work environment (in education, a nonprofit, or the government) would address. This issue will be the focus of your course project. Examples of appropriate topics include but are not limited to:
- Media use in adolescents: The impact on social development.
- Teen pregnancy: The role of adolescence risk taking.
- Adolescent marijuana use: The impact on the developing brain.
Write a 1Ââ€“2-page proposal for your topic that draws on current, peerÂ-reviewed research as the foundation for your approach to this topic. Your proposal must address the following:
- Justify the chosen topic in the area of adolescent development. You must make the case to stakeholders for why this is a problem or concern for adolescents.
- Describe aspects of adolescent development in relation to your topic. Your proposal should focus on how this issue impacts adolescent development.
- Explain what the organization might accomplish as a result of your review of the literature and subsequent recommendations. Your proposal should describe what direction the organization should take (based on evidenceÂ-based practices) to support resolution of the issue.