you explored theoretical approaches to family counseling. These approaches include family theories emphasizing the client’s background, emotions, thoughts, and actions. Your exploration included the basic assumptions about, the role of the therapist in, and the nature of the treatment associated with each of these approaches.
In this assignment, you will apply a family counseling theory/approach to a case study.
Click here to read the case study.
Read the case study and in a minimum of 200 words, post your responses to the following:
- Select one of the family counseling theories/approaches discussed in your required readings for this module.
- Apply the theory to the case, taking on the role of Jeremy’s counselor. In your application:
- Include the role of the counselor.
- Identify the problem (worded in a language fitting your chosen theory).
- Indicate the etiology of the problem (causes as per your chosen theory).
- Identify the goals of counseling (also worded in a language fitting your chosen theory).
- Identify the techniques the counselor is likely to use.
- Identify the strengths and limitations of your selected theory.
What ethical issues are involved in this case?
- Identify at least two issues from the relevant ethical standards from the American Counseling Association’s (ACA’s) code of ethics (American Counseling Association [ACA], 2014).
- Describe the ethical approach to handling those issues in this case.
- Provide at least one strategy to use if you, as the counselor, are unsure about how to manage those issues ethically.
Support your rationale and analyses by using at least two resources from professional literature in your response. Professional literature may include the NLU online library resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (websites ending in .edu or .gov).
Your written assignments should reflect graduate-level writing skills and appropriate use of APA style, including in-text citations and references.