Now that you have engaged your colleagues regarding your topic, and advocated for a specific approach to addressing the issue in adolescent psychology that you identified, it is time to tailor your research for public consumption. For this assignment, create a one-page (front and back) fact sheet targeted at a public audience (parents, community members, clients, constituents, and so forth). This information sheet should concisely describe the issue at hand, what current research indicates about the issue, and what action items are recommended as a result. You should provide citations within the fact sheet, so that every statement made is clearly documented. Graphics that support rather than distract from the information are encouraged but should not dominate the fact sheet. The goal of this assignment is to provide an opportunity for you to practice translating complex information about a topic into a form that is digestible to the general public.
Your assignment submission should meet the following requirements:
- Identify key theories and research relevant for the intended audience.
- Recommend best practices that are relevant for the intended audience.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the intended audience and with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
Optional Resource: If you need assistance in understanding how to create a fact sheet, you may look at an example such as “Fact Sheets and Action Alerts,â€ by the Connecticut Health Policy Project
To achieve a successful experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following standards:
- Written communication: Use the accepted form and style of the psychological professions, employing grammar, punctuation, and mechanics expected of graduate-level composition and expression.
- APA style and formatting: Format citations according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.