Week 3 Reflection
77 unread replies.77 replies.
Students will be required to post a reflection in response to the weekly prompt. These reflections are meant to be posted after other assignments for the week have been submitted. They are designed to allow students to reflect on the content from the week and share what they have learned with their classmates. Answer one of the following questions in a post by clicking on â€œReplyâ€ in the Discussion Board. Reflections should be at least 300 words or can be a 2-3 minute video. You do not need to reply to your classmates’ posts on the Reflections, but feel free to do so if you desire.
- Explain two ways that American culture was influenced by the Progressive movement.
- Describe major reform efforts of the Progressive Era, both social and political. Identify at least one Progressive reformer and discuss their efforts at reform. Were they successful in their reform attempts?
- Identify one step taken by the United States toward imperialism between 1867 and 1917. What were the consequences of this action?
- What were the major reasons for the Spanish-American War of 1898? How did this was transform the U.S. into a major overseas power?
- Describe the events that drew the United States into World War I. What was America’s contribution to the war?