Week 7 Discussion
4444 unread replies.4444 replies.
Primary Source Analysis
Choose ONE primary source on this weekâ€™s topic. You can choose a source from The American Yawp ReaderLinks to an external site., Chapter 26Links to an external site. or 27Links to an external site. Links to an external site.or find your own source. There is a guide for using the Calvin T. Ryan Library’s distance resources in Course Resources.
Evaluate the source using the Primary Source Analysis Worksheets in the Course Resources Module as a guide. Not all questions on the worksheets need to be answered and you do not need to submit or include the Primary Source Worksheet. The worksheet is just a resource to help you when analyzing the source to find the information below. When you feel you have a good grasp on the source, write and submit a post on the Discussion Board of least 300 words. The post should include the following:
- Introduction of the source–What is it?
- Author–What is their connection to the source? Why they are writing/creating the source?
- Brief Summary–What does the source say/describe/illustrate?
- Connection to history–How does this source confirm, expand, modify, or challenge what you know about an event or person in history?
- Question for your classmates–Design a question for your classmates to discuss regarding how this source relates to the content in the weekly module.
- Citation–Where did you find the source? Include a link if available.
Remember, your classmates will most likely not have read the source so be sure to include enough information for them to understand what you evaluated. Finally, comment with a reply to at least two of your classmates’ posts. These replies should be at least 100 words and should answer any questions posed by the original post.