Step 13: Write the Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
Use the results from the previous steps to create a five- to seven-page business continuity plan. Explain the thought process of creating the specific plan steps and how each is related to business strategy considerations.
Use this Business Continuity Plan Template to submit your final assignment.
Business Continuity Plan Template
CIO Maria Sosa has asked you to provide her and the other executives with a business continuity plan for your organization.
Final Business Continuity Plan (five- to seven-page report using this template). The plan should include the following components:
- Title Page
- for whom you are preparing the document, the title, the date prepared, and your name as the preparer of the document
- justifications demonstrating the value of a BCP for the organization
- description of the scope of the BCP (one-page narrative, from Step 2)
- Business Impact Analysis and Key Resources and Stakeholders (table from Step 4, plus one-page summary of findings)
- table from Step 4
- summary of findings
- Preventative Controls (one to two pages, from Step 6)
- Recovery Strategies (two to three pages, from Step 8)
- Contingency Plan (from Step 11)
- implementation and maintenance procedures
- testing procedures
- explanation of the thought process of creating the specific plan steps and how each is related to business strategy considerations