Participate in advocacy action based on your chosen policies and legislation and related child and adolescent topic.
- Examples of possible advocacy actions include:
- Engage in a community event or activity.
- Perform outreach (for example, speaking about your chosen child or adolescent issue to interested parties in your community).
- Meet with your local school board and present your concerns.
- Attend a meeting in your community about your chosen issue or topic.
- Contact a representative in your area about getting involved in local efforts on your topic.
- Submit a letter or email to your local, state, or federal representative about the child or adolescent issue you selected.
For this assignment, you will need to submit a 3â€“4 page paper that includes at least three recent scholarly references that answer the following questions.
- Describe your goals or what you hope to accomplish by your advocacy action.
- Describe completed or planned actions.
- Describe any follow-up plans.
- Evaluate the possible effectiveness of the chosen advocacy actions.