Read Chapter 2: The Health Care Delivery System in Potter and Perry (2021). Respond to the following questions based upon the chapter:
In the chapter, review the section titled â€œPatient-Centered Careâ€ with Picker Instituteâ€™s eight principles of patient-centered-care including:
- (1) Respect for patientsâ€™ values, preferences, and expressed needs
- (2) Coordination and integration of care
- (3) Information and education
- (4) Physical comfort
- (5) Emotional support and alleviation of fear and anxiety
- (6) Involvement of family and friends
- (7) Continuity and transition
- (8) Access to care.
Choose one of the above principles and answer the following questions:
- What is the importance of the principle to nursing practice? Be sure to include evidence-based literature to support your ideas.
- What specific actions can nurses take to promote the principle?
- What impact will patients experience if the principle is not valued?
Your paper should be in APA format with a title page, body, conclusion, and a reference page to include at least two (2) cited references. Your responses should be at least 250 words.