understanding of the different types of tools used for measuring reliability and validity.
In a minimum of 200 words, post to the Discussion Area your responses to the following:
- Compare and contrast at least two different types of validity (face, content, construct, etc.). Give an original example to illustrate your answer.
- Compare and contrast at least two different methods of estimating reliability (test-retest, parallel forms, etc.). Give an original example to illustrate your answer.
Support your rationale and analysis by using at least two resources from professional literature. Professional literature may include the NLU University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (websites ending in .edu or .gov).
- Examine the standard features of assessment and test construction used in evaluating and understanding human behavior.
- Evaluate assessment instruments with attention to appropriateness of test usage in light of referral questions, diagnostic considerations, client’s membership/identification with specific minority group(s), and type of practice settings.
- Use assessment instruments to improve quality of services throughout treatment process, including initial assessment, diagnostic process, treatment planning, and conceptualization.
In this module, you will learn what makes a test worthy of use. You will also review reliability, validity, and different ways to find evidence of each. Further, you will discuss cross-cultural fairness in testing. Finally, you will learn how to use coefficients to understand if a test has appropriate reliability and validity. Please use Florida State & ACP