Imagine youâ€™ve had your open house, and youâ€™re reflecting on what youâ€™ve heard from parents and students. But youâ€™ve also learned more in this course too, and youâ€™ll continue to read and reflect as a professional. Youâ€™re refining your educational philosophy and connecting it to the bigger educational picture as a part of your process of lifelong learning.
Youâ€™ll start by finding a theory that most reflects your philosophy. Share your reflection through a presentation.
Create a presentation to share your reflection. Describe an educational theory that most aligns with your philosophy. Include:
- Why you selected the educational theory. What about it most reflects your philosophy?
- Explain how the theory takes into consideration some of the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context youâ€™re concerned about.
- Explain and give examples of how the educational theory aligns with dispositions of accrediting bodies most closely associated with your specialization. For example, Week 9: Reflection PresentationLinks to an external site. reading list. ( Links will be attached at bottom)
- Explain how the theory and the specialization standards support your professional and personal dispositions.
- How has your philosophy changed as you’ve learned and grown as an educator? Describe where you see opportunities for future growth