sought to raise your awareness regarding the attitudes, beliefs, and opinions you have concerning sexuality-related matters. It also challenged you to consider the resources you rely on, if any, in backing your stance and the quality of those resources.
While it is not mandatory, you are highly encouraged to search for and take the Muehlenhardâ€“Quackenbush Sexual Attitude Scale.
Consider the statement â€œA person cannot be addicted to cybersex.â€ In a minimum of 300 words, post to the Discussion Area your responses to the following:
- If this were an item on the Muehlenhardâ€“Quackenbush Sexual Attitude Scale, explain how you would have reacted (A=Agree strongly; B=Agree mildly; C=Disagree mildly; D=Disagree strongly) and why.
- Defend your stance by utilizing theoretical perspectives and/or primary, scholarly research data. (Consider that your client may not agree with how you reacted to this statement and may feel informed on the matter, given its coverage in the media.)
- Describe what role, if any, sexuality research and theory should play in supporting one’s professional attitudes and opinions regarding issues like cybersex addiction.
- Explain the ethical issues that can arise during clinical treatment of cybersex use and how they should be managed. (Consider issues covered in the article, Clinical and Ethiical Conserations for the Treatment of Cybersex Addiction for Marriage and Family Therapists and those related to one’s attitudes, such as whether one can be addicted to cybersex.) _ UPDATE: NLU does not have this article in their databases. Please feel free to read similar articles on the controversy.
- Identify some personal issues or feelings you may need to keep in check when counseling an individual or couple in distress over cybersex activities.
Support your rationale and analysis by using at least two resources from professional literature in your response. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (websites ending in .edu or .gov).
Your discussion posts and all written assignments should reflect graduate-level writing skills and appropriate use of APA style, including in-text citations and references.