his assignment, you will answer items related to the obstacles you personally face in communicating about sexuality-related issues.
In a minimum of 300 words, post to the Discussion Area your responses to the following:
- When you think about self-disclosure or revealing yourself to another, what do you do?
- When conflict occurs with another, what do you do?
- In what way do you show affection?
- When do you have trouble expressing yourself?
- When has miscommunication landed you in trouble?
- What is your greatest strength as a communicator?
- What is the biggest challenge you have faced in communicating with people?
- How have your strengths and weaknesses as a communicator impacted your ability to effectively communicate about sexuality topics, whether generally or more interpersonally?
Now reconsider everything you just shared as a person from a special population (other than your own), such as the transgendered community or a person with a disability, and respond to the following:
- What additional communication issues might you face, and how might these present themselves in therapy?
- What solutions would you offer in addressing such issues, as a counselor?
Support your rationale and analysis by using at least two resources from professional literature in your response (one of the resources may be the article you read for this assignment). Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (websites ending in .edu or .gov).
Your discussion posts and all written assignments should reflect graduate-level writing skills and appropriate use of the APA style, including in-text citations and references.